Casino roulette, whether it’s online roulette or its brick-and-mortar version, is an exciting and colorful form of casino entertainment. The game is completely at random, it makes use of a colorful wheel and betting table, and offers a set of straightforward rules. All these reasons help sustain the popularity of the game among players and enthusiasts. Although it’s a more ‘solitary pursuit, it does not diminish the excitement and challenge that players get when they play roulette.
Today, almost all casinos feature the roulette game in different variants and interpretations. Whether you are looking for the European or American versions, it’s a live version or a themed game, you can easily find the game that matches your need. But before you head on to your favorite online casino and play roulette, make sure you learn first how to play roulette. In this article, we take a look at the steps that you can take when playing the game and the different bets that you can make.
- Welcome Package of up to $1500
- Live Casino Games
- A lot of promotions and bonuses for existing players
- Many Bonuses for New and Current Players
- Live Roulette
- Massive Collection of Slots
- Available in More Than 50 Languages
- Great variety of casino games
- Live Dealer Games
- Professional Customer Support
- High Quality Games
- Daily Promotions
- Bitstarz Casino App available
- Live Roulette
- Amazing Welcome Offer
- Vast collection of Casino Games
- Large Selection of Payment Methods
- Unique Sports Betting and Casino platform
- Impressive Live Casino
- Many Deposit and Withdrawal Options
- Top Bitcoin Casino
- Live Roulette Games
- No Withdrawal Limit
- Live Chat Customer Support
- Welcome Package up to $1500 + 150 Free Spins
- Live Casino
- Live chat Customer Support Available 24/7
Basic Steps to Take When Betting on Roulette
Whether you are playing at a land-based casino or online, the rules of the game remain the same. Here’s a look at the basic steps to take when playing the game like a pro.
Choose the specific roulette game to play
You will find different versions of the game online and each type of roulette game variant will feature a few unique rules or bets. When you play roulette, make sure you consider first the variant that you are playing. Here’s a quick look at the different types of roulette game variants that you will encounter online.
- European Roulette. In European roulette, you will find the roulette wheel online with 37 pockets, numbered 1 to 36 with room for one zero. This is also known as the single-zero video roulette owing to its unique design.
- American Roulette. In this variant of the game, you will notice that the roulette wheel will have provisions for 38 pockets. These pockets are for numbers from 1 to 36 with one pocket for ‘0’ and another for ‘00’.
- French Roulette. This variant resembles the European version in terms of appearance but it’s still unique thanks to the use of French phrases on the roulette machine table. Of all the variants available, the French version is more stylish and colorful.
- No Zero Roulette. The availability of slots for zeros defines the house edge of the casino. In Zero Roulette, there are no slots for zero and double zero thus improving the chances of players of winning on outside bets.
- Royale Roulette. For players looking to score the biggest prizes, then the Royale Roulette is highly recommended. This shares design similarities with European and French Roulette and the differences are on the presence of a single bet and availability of a jackpot. In Royale Roulette, a player can collect payouts when a specific criterion has been met. And when it happens on at least five consecutive spins, the jackpot is given.
Aside from these standard roulette casino games, you can also count on specialty games. The type of specialty roulette titles depends on the software suppliers of the casino. For example, Evolution Gaming offers a host of video roulette live games like Immersive Roulette, Live French Roulette, Immersive Lite, and Live Speed Roulette.
Place your wager
Once you have selected the roulette machine to play, then that’s the time you can set the wager. Whether you are playing online roulette or the traditional roulette game, you need to take the same steps when placing your bet. Here, you need to choose the chip size that you like to bet with. When you play roulette online, you will be presented with a plus (+) and minus (signs) on the lower left or lower right portion of the screen together with tokens or chips. You can use the plus and minus signs to increase or decrease the token size. In learning how to play roulette at a casino, you will notice that the size of the chip often ranges from 1.00 up to 100.00.
Gladiator Road To Rome
Once you have identified your chip size or amount, then that’s the time you will decide on your online roulette bet. If you are playing in a traditional casino environment, you move the chips to the appropriate space or area. In an online gaming environment, you need to click on the table layout to submit your bet. For example, you can set a 100.00 wager on an ‘Even’ bet. Now, there are different types of bets that you can make when you play roulette and the expected payout.
When making a bet in online roulette, it’s possible to make a wager on:
- An exact number. This means placing the bet inside the cell with the number.
- On several numbers. Your bet should be placed on the edge or you can position the chips on the corner between numbers.
- Groups of numbers which are known as the ‘Outside Bets’.
Once you are ready to play, simply click ‘Spin’. You will also hear the croupier (or the system) announcing ‘ No More Bets Please’. The croupier (or the system) will then spin the wheel. After a few seconds, the wheel will come to a stop and the roulette ball. Your payout will depend on the outcome of the spin and the scheduled payout.
Collect your winnings
After the completion of the spin of the wheel, the ball will settle in one of the slots on the table. If it settles on your predicted slot, then you win in the game. Now, the payout that you can collect when you play roulette will depend on your bet. As a new player, you need to learn how to play roulette particularly its payouts or the odds against winning.
- If you bet on one number, your payout is 35:1.
- If you bet on two numbers, the payout is 17:1.
- Bet on Reds/Black offers a payout of 1:1.
- If you bet on three numbers, the payout is 11:1.
- Bet on Odds/Evens offers a payout of 1:1.
- Bet on Lows/High offers a payout of 1:1.
If you see a 1:1 payout, it only means that you get an extra chip on top of your original bet. If you make a 100.00 credit bet on an Even and it wins in roulette wheel online, you will be rewarded with a 100.00 worth of credit. Keep in mind that when you play roulette, the outcomes are always at random. But you can always boost your chances when you play roulette if you apply a few strategies and follow some tips in the game.
Immense Range of Slot Games
Big Selection of Live Dealer Games
No Limit on Withdrawals
Huge Number of Payment Options
up to $1500
Some Roulette Game Tips to Keep in Mind When You Play Roulette
Although this game is known for its randomness, you can still boost your chances by paying attention to some tips and strategies.
- Play the most lucrative bets in the game Not all bets that you can make in the game will provide you with similar benefits. If you learn how to play roulette, you will discover that certain bets are better than the rest. When you play roulette, pay attention to the payout table and put your money on bets that offer the highest payouts. Some examples of these are your bets on the single number and betting on a small combination of numbers, like two or three numbers.
- Play European Roulette. You will find several variants of roulette casino games. But if you want to boost your chances of winning, you should consider the European roulette wheel. This variant of the game comes with 37 numbers while the American version comes with 38 numbers. The difference between the two-game versions is ‘minimal’ but it can have a significant effect on the house edge. For American Roulette, the house edge is set at 5.26% while in the European version, the house edge is at 2.7%.
- Maximize the ‘en prison’ rule of the game. When you play roulette particularly its European version, you will encounter the ‘in prison’ option. This places your even-money bets ‘in prison’ when the ball lands on a ‘0’. Your money is carried over to the next spin. If you win in the next round, you get the money. But if you lose the round, you also lose the money.
- Try some roulette betting strategies. If you play roulette, you can also increase your chances of winning by learning a few roulette betting strategies. The game outcomes are at random but these strategies can help manage your bankroll. Some of the popular betting strategies that you can use are the Paroli, Martingale, and the Labouchere. Our site carries a guide on the top roulette betting strategies that you can use when playing in real money.
Once you are already familiar with the rules and the types of bets, then that’s the time you can play in real money mode. When you play for money, make sure you play defensively at first, keeping in mind a few strategies and tips. If possible, play the game first before putting your money on the table. The free demo versions of casino roulette can help you try the rules and test a few strategies.
❓ Is there a strategy I can you when playing roulette?
The most famous roulette strategy is the Martingale system. It is a great example of a progressive strategy. The idea here is that you double your bet after every loss. It’s a very straightforward and newbie-friendly strategy.
🍀 Is roulette online all luck?
Yes. The results are random so winning is always luck with roulette online.
🤔 What number comes up most in roulette?
According to most croupiers, the number that comes most often in roulette is 17. However in online roulette that might not be the case as the results are always random.